Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Issue in Burp GUI

Ritik | Last updated: Apr 03, 2021 05:54PM UTC

Hello, I have installed the latest burpsuite community (jar). I have problems on the Intruder, repeater tabs. The problem is say I have a sring "abcdef", if I click between b and c the pointer goes between a and b. I have previously tried it with many other jdk versions. My Java version: openjdk version "14" 2020-03-17 OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 14+36-1461) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 14+36-1461, mixed mode, sharing). Reference thread: https://forum.portswigger.net/thread/what-java-supported-for-the-latest-burp-suite-95030dff.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 05, 2021 09:17AM UTC

Thanks for your message.

Can you confirm which version of Burp Suite Community you are using and what OS it is installed on, please? If you are using Windows, do you have any custom scaling options set for your display?

Ritik | Last updated: Apr 05, 2021 12:29PM UTC

Hello Michelle, Thank you for the help. I did check the scaling on Windows and set it 100%. That fixed the issue.

Ritik | Last updated: Apr 05, 2021 12:45PM UTC

Also, we can change java compatibility settings to solve the scaling issue. java.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Change DPI settings > Check Override high DPI scaling behavior.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 06, 2021 07:47AM UTC

Thanks for the update.

If you launch Burp with:
-Dsun.java2d.uiScale=1
(either from the command line or by adding it to the Burp vmoptions file) this will update the settings just for Burp.

Please let me know if this helps.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.