Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Issue activity tab doesn't list all issues detected in audit items tab

Jayesh | Last updated: Feb 24, 2023 02:58PM UTC

Burp Pro: v2012.1.2 After starting a scan for a specific target, approximately 20K requests and few hours later, if we check Audit Items tab for this specific scan, we can see quite a few issues in "Issues" column. However, when we check "Issue Activity" tab, it shows only 2-3 of those issues. So the generated report doesn't show the full picture. Is this some kind of known behavior? Something needs to be tweaked to get the entire list of issues?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 24, 2023 05:04PM UTC

Hi Jayesh, Just to confirm, are you scanning a site, that you have previously scanned, in the same Burp project file?

Jayesh | Last updated: Feb 25, 2023 02:00PM UTC

Hi Ben, Thanks for your response. I am using same Burp project file for all scans however the site in question here is unique, hasn't been scanned before. Would you suggest scanning in new project may provide different result? Also, can you please share some link which explains how the usage of same project file may affect repeated scans? I would like to understand that more. Correction in my original post: Burp Pro version is: v2023.1.2

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 27, 2023 09:21AM UTC

Thanks for the update. Can you email some screenshots of the tabs from the scan task to support@portswigger.net and, if possible, some details of the other types of testing you had carried out in this file? Have you also done manual testing that has identified and reported issues in the Issue Activity tab on the main Dashboard? The documentation for Burp Dashboard mentions this behavior, butif you have further questions, please let us know. https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/dashboard

Jayesh | Last updated: Feb 27, 2023 11:14AM UTC

Thanks, I have shared details over email from my registered email id.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 27, 2023 01:18PM UTC

Thanks :) We've got your email so we'll take a look and be in touch soon.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.