Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

IScanQueueItem.getIssues() not returning issues

Vino | Last updated: Apr 29, 2021 06:43PM UTC

IScanQueueItem.getStatus returns the updated Status but IScanQueueItem.getIssues() not returning any issues of completed scans. But Burp UI shows issues in portal. Am I missing anything? I'm testing with Burp pro 2021.3.1 https://portswigger.net/burp/extender/api/burp/iscanqueueitem.html

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 30, 2021 02:47PM UTC

Hi! Does that particular IScanQueueItem have any issues associated with it? To get the full list of issues for a target application or URL, you may prefer to use IBurpExtenderCallbacks.getScanIssues().

Vino | Last updated: Apr 30, 2021 11:29PM UTC

Yes particular IScanQueueItem have issues associated in Burp UI.. but not getting those results using api. I can try IBurpExtenderCallbacks.getScanIssues() but this seems to give consolidated issues instead of particular scan results. is that correct?I'm trying to submit multiple scans and gets results for individual scan results.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 05, 2021 10:36AM UTC

Hi IBurpExtenderCallbacks.getScanIssues() will return the results from your site tree issues rather than the issues from an individual scan. Are you able to email us at support@portswigger.net with an example/your extension showing this behavior? Do you have some more information on the overall functionality you are trying to perform?

Muhammed | Last updated: May 31, 2023 12:09PM UTC

Hi, I have same problem too. my extension handle request and start active scan via IBurpExtenderCallbacks.doActiveScan(). After that I got IScanQueueItem and I'm able to control status of IScanQueueItem but when I want to getIssues to relavant scan via IScanQueueItem.getIssues(), it seems there is no issues. But there are a lot issues seem in scan result. I'm able to see that on Burp UI.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 02, 2023 11:03AM UTC

Hi You can't currently get issues from the ScanQueueItem, I'm afraid. You can, however, get them from the site map, as previously mentioned. We are monitoring how many people would find this useful, so we'll add your vote. If this is added, it will be added to the new Montoya API, not the legacy Extender API. If this is a new extension you're creating, you may want to consider switching to the new Montoya API so that you can take advantage of new features as they are released. https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/extensions/creating

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.