Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

is there any Linux ARM package version of Burpsuite pro?

Alex | Last updated: Sep 20, 2022 03:52PM UTC

Hi team, would like to request if it is possible to have a version of Linux ARM/M1 to be used within Linux virtualized using Parallels on MacOS M1/M2 CPU if that could be possible. Current version does not work on this box to be installed, it returns: /jre/bin/java: Exec format error. Running box: ``` uname -a Linux kali-linux-2021-3 5.18.0-kali5-arm64 #1 SMP Debian 5.18.5-1kali6 (2022-07-07) aarch64 GNU/Linux ``` Thanks and regards, Alex.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 21, 2022 11:03AM UTC

Hi Alex, We do have an existing feature request to provide Linux ARM64 support - we are currently monitoring the demand for the feature but we can certainly add your interest to it so that we can continue to accurately record how popular it is. We will update this forum thread if we have any further news to share about this.

pwndumb | Last updated: Oct 07, 2022 02:09PM UTC

I really enjoy that. I can't start embedded browser even already have installed chromium browser. Its annoying thing.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 10, 2022 07:19AM UTC

Hi, I have just replied to your other forum post about this but, to confirm, we currently do not provide support for Linux ARM64 architecture. This, unfortunately, means that you will not be able to use the embedded browser on your kali machine. You should still be able to use an external browser to proxy your traffic, in the usual way. As also noted in the response to your previous message - I have added your interest to the feature request that we currently have for providing Linux ARM64 support so that we can continue to monitor the demand for it.

Lukasz | Last updated: Nov 11, 2022 05:53PM UTC

Hello, Can you add my interest to this feature too ? It'd be great to have it available on Kali on ARM. Thanks,

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 14, 2022 09:21AM UTC

Hi Lukasz, Sure. We have added your interest to this - as noted, we will update this forum thread if and when we have some further news to share.

Jose | Last updated: Dec 15, 2022 08:44PM UTC

Hello, Please add my interest to this feature too =) I really need it. Thanks

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 16, 2022 10:19AM UTC

Thanks Jose - your interest has been noted.

Kacper | Last updated: Feb 23, 2023 09:35AM UTC

+1

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Feb 23, 2023 10:25AM UTC

Hi all, Just to confirm, providing support for Linux ARM64 machines is now on our development roadmap (here - https://portswigger.net/burp/pro/roadmap) so, if everything goes according to plan, this should be available at some point this year.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.