Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Is there a way to strip out-of-scope items after the fact?

Mike | Last updated: Apr 29, 2022 01:31PM UTC

Hello, I'd like to share a Burp project file. However, it contains a huge amount of out of scope items I don't want to share. Usually, I define the scope in projects but dont select 'ignore all out of scope traffic' because often I'll find out later something was in fact in scope (a third party piece of software etc) and I'll revisit. Is there any way to strip out out of scope items after the fact? Other than manually deleting each host? As far as I can tell you cant 'show only out of scope items' to make this quicker. Thx -Mike

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 29, 2022 01:40PM UTC

Hi Mike Have you tried saving a copy of your project file that excludes out-of-scope items? To do this, you would go to "Project > Save copy", then make sure that the "Save in-scope items only" option is selected. That should create a copy of your project file, with any out-of-scope items stripped. You will also still have your original project file with all of the additional detail still included.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.