Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Is there a way to copy text that retains prettified formatting?

Carl | Last updated: Nov 03, 2020 05:08PM UTC

Burp recently introduced native support for the prettified view that automatically indents responses in formats such as json. However, if I select what's on the screen and copy it, I end up with the raw unformatted one-liner. Is it possible to send to clipboard what I see on the screen?

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 04, 2020 09:01AM UTC

Unfortunately, the raw view is copied by default. The prettified content is purely visual. I have registered your interest in a feature request to address this. We will update this thread when it has been implemented. In the meantime, it may be best to use a third-party extension from the BApp Store.

Laurens | Last updated: Jan 31, 2022 10:22AM UTC

Has there been any progress on this feature? And if not, do you have a suggestion for a third-party extension?

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 31, 2022 10:43AM UTC

It's still in our development backlog, unfortunately.

If it is JSON data specifically that you are working with then you can check out the extension below:

• JQ - this seems to successfully copy the whitespace in Pretty mode

We'll let you know when this has been implemented natively in Burp but cannot provide an ETA, unfortunately.

Laurens | Last updated: Jan 31, 2022 12:49PM UTC

Hi Uthman, It's not an ideal solution, but it does improve my workflow. Thanks!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.