Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Is it possible to retrieve the path of the currently open project?

Terry | Last updated: Aug 14, 2018 02:31AM UTC

I would like to retrieve the path of the currently open Burp Project to reference some resource on the filesystem relative to the project directory. I am unable to find a suitable API to do this in the documentation. Is it currently possible to do this? If not is it possible to add an API for it?

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 15, 2018 09:14AM UTC

Unfortunately this is not possible at present. As a partial workaround, you can get the file name from the window title. Can we ask why you want to do this? We could add this to the API relatively easily, although in some ways it seems cleaner to keep extensions unaware of this.

Burp User | Last updated: Jul 09, 2019 01:47AM UTC

Hi Paul, I was reviewing KBs and would also have a use case for this question. I'm working on exporting data to an external DB and having a way to uniquely identify the project where the data originated would be useful. Thanks, Jacob

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 09, 2019 10:33AM UTC

Jacob, we've added your suggestion to our development backlog. Unfortunately, we can't provide an ETA.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.