Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Is burpcollaborator.net down?

Masahiro | Last updated: Dec 22, 2021 08:43AM UTC

With auditing, I see this error in Dashboard. 1640162438780 Error Suite [5] The Burp Collaborator server used by the Burp Collaborator client is not reachable, change the settings to use this feature. Using the health check in Project Options, it showed "Polling server address resolution Error" with the detail below: The capture server hostname <omitted>.burpcollaborator.net could not be resolved to an IP address. Ensure that an appropriate DNS entry exists for the server. The polling server hostname polling.burpcollaborator.net could not be resolved to an IP address. Ensure that an appropriate DNS entry exists for the server. The server burpcollaborator.net seems to be down. Do you take any action? And could you tell me when this issue occured?

Chris | Last updated: Dec 22, 2021 09:06AM UTC

I'm having the same issue, with the same error as yourself when running a health check.

afamrk | Last updated: Dec 22, 2021 09:21AM UTC

I'm having the same issue

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 22, 2021 09:45AM UTC

We're working to get this fixed. We'll update you shortly.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 22, 2021 04:47PM UTC

This issue should now be resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Masahiro | Last updated: Dec 22, 2021 11:39PM UTC

Thank you! Do you know when this trouble started?

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 23, 2021 12:35PM UTC

It looks like yesterday morning, UK time.

Shreya | Last updated: Dec 30, 2021 10:16AM UTC

Hi Team, I am getting the same error in health check: The capture server hostname <omitted>.burpcollaborator.net could not be resolved to an IP address. Ensure that an appropriate DNS entry exists for the server. The polling server hostname polling.burpcollaborator.net could not be resolved to an IP address. Ensure that an appropriate DNS entry exists for the server Please assist.

Shreya | Last updated: Dec 30, 2021 10:16AM UTC

Hi Team, I am getting the same error in health check: The capture server hostname <omitted>.burpcollaborator.net could not be resolved to an IP address. Ensure that an appropriate DNS entry exists for the server. The polling server hostname polling.burpcollaborator.net could not be resolved to an IP address. Ensure that an appropriate DNS entry exists for the server Please assist.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 30, 2021 11:36AM UTC

The health check is passing in our testing. As a debugging step, would it be possible to try using another network? Could you let us know if this helps? Thanks!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.