Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

IResponseVariations list with details

Federico | Last updated: Oct 30, 2020 11:24AM UTC

Hi, I need to use the IResponseVariations for an extension. I enumerated the attributes using the getVariantAttributes and getInvariantAttributes but I'm not sure on the meaning of all the attributes/attribute values. Is is possible to have a list of all the current attributes with a short description of the attribute itself and of its attribute value? Thank you! Federico P.S. Sorry for the wrong post in the "How do I?" section

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 02, 2020 09:06AM UTC

Hi Federico, Please find below the list of attributes that should be available through the Extender: STATUS_CODE ETAG_HEADER LAST_MODIFIED_HEADER CONTENT_TYPE CONTENT_LENGTH COOKIE_NAMES TAG_NAMES TAG_IDS DIV_IDS BODY_CONTENT VISIBLE_TEXT WORD_COUNT VISIBLE_WORD_COUNT COMMENTS INITIAL_CONTENT CANONICAL_LINK PAGE_TITLE FIRST_HEADER_TAG HEADER_TAGS ANCHOR_LABELS INPUT_SUBMIT_LABELS BUTTON_SUBMIT_LABELS CSS_CLASSES LINE_COUNT LIMITED_BODY_CONTENT OUTBOUND_EDGE_COUNT OUTBOUND_EDGE_TAG_NAMES INPUT_IMAGE_LABELS CONTENT_LOCATION LOCATION NON_HIDDEN_FORM_INPUT_TYPES Which attributes do you need clarification on?

Federico | Last updated: Nov 02, 2020 10:35AM UTC

HI, I need clarification on tag_ids, visible_text, tag_names, div_ids, limited_body_content, outbound_edge_tag_names, whole_body_content, initial_body_content,header_tags. Thank you! Furthermore, I need clarification on what I can use the attribute value of most attributes. As an example, the value of the visible_text of two responses are -10691843 and -2044238064. I would like to measure someway the differences between the two values but these values seams meaningless. And most attributes have similar values. Currently I can only obtain a boolean information on those values (equal/not equal). Is there a way to quantify the difference in these attributes? Thank you! Federico

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 03, 2020 03:48PM UTC

Thanks. I will double-check this with our development team and get back to you.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 05, 2020 10:26AM UTC

I have just spoken to our development team about this. Please see their reply below: Most of these attributes are used internally by the crawler to compare responses when fingerprinting. If you want to compare responses, it may be best to write your own custom logic to achieve this.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.