Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

IP Rotate extension not work with new software

Ugroon | Last updated: Mar 05, 2022 11:35PM UTC

Hi, I try to use IP rotate extension but I get this error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/root/.BurpSuite/bapps/2eb2b1cb1cf34cc79cda36f0f9019874/IPRotate.py", line 202, in enableGateway self.startAPIGateway() File "/root/.BurpSuite/bapps/2eb2b1cb1cf34cc79cda36f0f9019874/IPRotate.py", line 70, in startAPIGateway self.awsclient = boto3.client('apigateway', File "/root/.BurpSuite/bapps/2eb2b1cb1cf34cc79cda36f0f9019874/BappModules/boto3/__init__.py", line 91, in client return _get_default_session().client(*args, **kwargs) File "/root/.BurpSuite/bapps/2eb2b1cb1cf34cc79cda36f0f9019874/BappModules/boto3/session.py", line 258, in client return self._session.create_client( File "/root/.BurpSuite/bapps/2eb2b1cb1cf34cc79cda36f0f9019874/BappModules/botocore/session.py", line 835, in create_client client = client_creator.create_client( File "/root/.BurpSuite/bapps/2eb2b1cb1cf34cc79cda36f0f9019874/BappModules/botocore/client.py", line 80, in create_client cls = self._create_client_class(service_name, service_model) File "/root/.BurpSuite/bapps/2eb2b1cb1cf34cc79cda36f0f9019874/BappModules/botocore/client.py", line 102, in _create_client_class class_attributes = self._create_methods(service_model) File "/root/.BurpSuite/bapps/2eb2b1cb1cf34cc79cda36f0f9019874/BappModules/botocore/client.py", line 334, in _create_methods op_dict[py_operation_name] = self._create_api_method( File "/root/.BurpSuite/bapps/2eb2b1cb1cf34cc79cda36f0f9019874/BappModules/botocore/client.py", line 359, in _create_api_method _api_call.__name__ = str(py_operation_name) UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u0131' in position 7: ordinal not in range(128) All softwares are latest. I tested it on Kali linux 2022.1, Kali linux 2021.2, Kali linux 2020.4, Windows 10 Used burp versions; Burp latest community/professional, default Burp community/professional versions on what I tested os Just worked on Kali linux 2019.1a and oldest versions Regards

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 07, 2022 10:43AM UTC

Hi To clarify, this extension works for you on an older version of Kali, but is not working on a later OS? Is this error occurring once you've entered your keys and attempted to enable the service?

Ugroon | Last updated: Mar 07, 2022 03:38PM UTC

Hi Hannah, This extension works on just older then kali 2019.1a. This issue occurring when click to "enable". Jython version: 2.7.0 Python 2 version: 2.7.18 Python 3 version: 3.9 and 3.10 You can try on windows 10 or kali 2022.1 Regards

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 07, 2022 06:42PM UTC

Hi You could try upgrading your version of Jython to the latest. You can find the latest version here: https://www.jython.org/download.html If that doesn't help, you could try downloading the extension from the original author's repository, following their installation steps. You can find that here: https://github.com/RhinoSecurityLabs/IPRotate_Burp_Extension Extensions are written by third-party users of Burp, so if you continue to have issues with this extension you will need to raise it with the extension's author. You can do that through their GitHub repository here: https://github.com/RhinoSecurityLabs/IPRotate_Burp_Extension/issues

Ugroon | Last updated: Mar 07, 2022 09:30PM UTC

Hi hannah, With jython's latest version, I got this error: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at org.python.util.PythonInterpreter.<init>(PythonInterpreter.java:99) at org.python.util.PythonInterpreter.<init>(PythonInterpreter.java:93) at org.python.util.PythonInterpreter.<init>(PythonInterpreter.java:70) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:78) at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstanceWithCaller(Constructor.java:499) at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:480) at burp.cyw.<init>(Unknown Source) at burp.ciz.a(Unknown Source) at burp.bee.lambda$panelLoaded$0(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1130) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:630) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:831) Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot create PyString with non-byte value at org.python.core.PyString.<init>(PyString.java:57) at org.python.core.PyString.<init>(PyString.java:70) at org.python.core.PyString.<init>(PyString.java:74) at org.python.core.Py.newString(Py.java:643) at org.python.core.PyJavaType.init(PyJavaType.java:543) at org.python.core.PyType$Registry.createType(PyType.java:477) at org.python.core.PyType$Registry.addFromClass(PyType.java:426) at org.python.core.PyType$Registry.resolveType(PyType.java:352) at org.python.core.PyType$Registry$1.computeValue(PyType.java:208) at org.python.core.PyType$Registry$1.computeValue(PyType.java:202) at java.base/java.lang.ClassValue.getFromHashMap(ClassValue.java:228) at java.base/java.lang.ClassValue.getFromBackup(ClassValue.java:210) at java.base/java.lang.ClassValue.get(ClassValue.java:116) at org.python.core.PyType.fromClass(PyType.java:2137) at org.python.core.PyObject.<init>(PyObject.java:85) at org.python.core.PySingleton.<init>(PySingleton.java:9) at org.python.core.PyNotImplemented.<init>(PyNotImplemented.java:10) at org.python.core.Py.<clinit>(Py.java:66) ... 16 more Even at uploading extension

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 09, 2022 04:47PM UTC

Hi Does your username or Jython file path contain any special characters? The Unicode error you were getting originally seems to refer to a "dotless i" character. Is this present at all in any of your file paths, or in your AWS environment?

kayteas | Last updated: Mar 09, 2022 05:25PM UTC

Hi Hannah, I also have the same problem. Jython 2.7.2 and 2.7.1 burp suite extensions

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 10, 2022 08:22AM UTC

Hi Kayteas, Are you using the standalone Jython jar file available from the page below: https://www.jython.org/download.html Are you also able to provide us with a screenshot of your Extender -> Options tab within Burp so that we can see what you have setup within here?

kayteas | Last updated: Mar 10, 2022 09:48AM UTC

Hi Hannah, Please see screenshot; https://ibb.co/n3dVcLD

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 10, 2022 02:06PM UTC

Hi Kayteas, Are you able to share with us the full path for the location that you have placed the jython-standalone-2.7.2.jar file (if you would prefer to do this via email then please feel free to send us an email to support@portswigger.net)? Out of interest, if you copy the jython-standalone-2.7.2.jar file to the root of the C:\ drive and then select this as the new location within the Options tab in Burp does this allow you to install Python extensions successfully?

kayteas | Last updated: Mar 10, 2022 02:27PM UTC

Hi ben, unfortunately, no. I tried it inside the D:/ drive, except for the C:/ drive, but again the result was the same. for jython 2.7.1 and 2.7.2, this is happening, but it's not happening like this on 2.7.0, I'm wondering why this is happening. on my friend computer, jython 2.7.2 (bappstore extensions) is running smoothly.

kayteas | Last updated: Mar 10, 2022 02:36PM UTC

Full path : C:\Users\Kayteassan\Documents\jython-standalone-2.7.2.jar

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 11, 2022 08:05AM UTC

HI Kayteas, There is a known issue when there are Unicode characters within the path to the jython jar file - are there any special characters in your path (it does not look like there is, and the fact you see a similar issue when using the root of the D:\ probably rules this out, but I just want to check as the error you are seeing can be caused by this - perhaps you could share a full screenshot of your path)? If you run the jython-standalone-2.7.2.jar file directly on the command line (via the 'java.exe -jar jython-standalone-2.7.2.jar' command on your Windows machine) - does the jar file run (again, probably a long shot but I just want to confirm there are no issues with the jar file that you have obtained that might be causing this)?

kayteas | Last updated: Mar 11, 2022 10:49AM UTC

Hi Ben, java -jar jython-standalone-2.7.2.jar ı run command and I get the following error. ; Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at org.python.core.PySystemState.<clinit>(PySystemState.java:73) at org.python.util.jython.main(jython.java:533) Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot create PyString with non-byte value at org.python.core.PyString.<init>(PyString.java:57) at org.python.core.PyString.<init>(PyString.java:70) at org.python.core.PyString.<init>(PyString.java:74) at org.python.core.Py.newString(Py.java:643) at org.python.core.PyJavaType.init(PyJavaType.java:543) at org.python.core.PyType$Registry.createType(PyType.java:477) at org.python.core.PyType$Registry.addFromClass(PyType.java:426) at org.python.core.PyType$Registry.resolveType(PyType.java:352) at org.python.core.PyType$Registry$1.computeValue(PyType.java:208) at org.python.core.PyType$Registry$1.computeValue(PyType.java:202) at java.base/java.lang.ClassValue.getFromHashMap(ClassValue.java:228) at java.base/java.lang.ClassValue.getFromBackup(ClassValue.java:210) at java.base/java.lang.ClassValue.get(ClassValue.java:116) at org.python.core.PyType.fromClass(PyType.java:2137) at org.python.core.PyObject.<init>(PyObject.java:85) at org.python.core.PySingleton.<init>(PySingleton.java:9) at org.python.core.PyNotImplemented.<init>(PyNotImplemented.java:10) at org.python.core.Py.<clinit>(Py.java:66) ... 2 more D:\ drive full path : (jython file) --> D:\jython-standalone-2.7.2.jar

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 11, 2022 01:28PM UTC

Hi Kayteas, That would seem to suggest that the issue lies with the jython jar file (obviously the jython jar file is not our product and is not something we control but if you cannot run it in isolation then you are not going to be able to use it in conjunction with Burp). Just to rule out any type of file corruption or anything of that nature, can you obtain a fresh copy of the jar file from https://www.jython.org/download.html and try this again? You mention that you were able to use version 2.7.0 successfully in the past - this was on the same machine that you are using now and also when the older jar file was in the same file path?

kayteas | Last updated: Mar 11, 2022 01:55PM UTC

Hi Ben, +You mention that you were able to use version 2.7.0 successfully in the past - this was on the same machine that you are using now and also when the older jar file was in the same file path? - yes, version 2.7.0 of jython is running smoothly on the devices I am currently using.(same path) but version 2.7.1 and 2.7.2 give the same error. + Just to rule out any type of file corruption or anything of that nature, can you obtain a fresh copy of the jar file from https://www.jython.org/download.html and try this again? - yes, I downloaded the latest version from their website again, but it still didn't work.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 11, 2022 02:35PM UTC

Hi Kayteas, At this point it is probably worth getting in touch with the authors of Jython to see if they have any suggestions. For what it is worth, today I have downloaded the 2.7.2 Jar file on Mac, Linux and Windows based machines and have had no issues running it either independently or in conjunction with Burp and am able to successfully install Python based extensions on each machine. I can only assume that there is either some issue with the file itself (which seems unlikely if you have obtained it more than once) or some conflict with your environment.

kayteas | Last updated: Mar 11, 2022 02:49PM UTC

Hi ben, Jython 2.7.2 after downloading. powershell open and run java -jar jythonlatest.jar you get an error ?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 11, 2022 03:04PM UTC

Hi Kayteas, Running the 2.7.2 jar file via the command line works successfully for me i.e. simply running java -jar jython-standalone-2.7.2.jar. Loading the jython jar file within Burp also works successfully and lets me install extensions. This is successful on the three main operating systems I have tested on. Out of interest, are you using a non-English language version of Windows?

kayteas | Last updated: Mar 11, 2022 03:21PM UTC

Hi ben, Yes non-English windows 10 pro (Turkish)

kayteas | Last updated: Mar 11, 2022 03:27PM UTC

a very clever solution proposal! i have now made windows in english and the problem has been solved. Thank you! Best Regards.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.