Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

invisible proxy

Rajinder | Last updated: May 27, 2019 12:18AM UTC

I want to ask that while creating invisible proxy if we have different requests forwarding to different domains how we set proxy listeners on different virtual network interfaces? I mean burp doc suggests that while creating invisible proxy if requests are forwarding to different domains then user should create different virtual network interfaces for each domain and then create proxy listeners on each of these virtual network interfaces. But in burp we can set proxy listener either on host address or some selected IPs which belong to the computer on which burp is installed. But virtual network interfaces will have different IPs than of computer on which they are created and will be treated as different hosts. So how can we set proxy listener on these because their IPs will not get shown in drop down list in proxy listener>options>add proxy listener section?

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 28, 2019 02:23PM UTC

You need to create multiple virtual network interfaces on the computer running Burp. You can then select the IP address of the interface when configuring the invisible proxy listener. To make the client connect to Burp you'll need to override the DNS on the client, usually using the hosts file. Using invisible proxy with multiple domains is quite an advanced topic, so be prepared to do some experimentation.

Burp User | Last updated: May 30, 2019 07:13PM UTC

Hi! thanks for response. Can you suggest me any tool use to create virtual network interface?

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 03, 2019 01:52PM UTC

This depends on your OS. Here are instruction for "Windows":https://help.oclc.org/Library_Management/EZproxy/Technical_notes/Add_a_second_IP_address_to_an_existing_network_adapter_on_Windows and "Linux":https://www.2daygeek.com/how-to-add-additional-ip-secondary-ip-in-ubuntu-debian-system/

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 03, 2019 01:54PM UTC

Hi Rajinder, Thanks for following up. Can you confirm your OS and how you added the IP alias? I just tried this on a Mac and Burp correctly showed all IP addresses.

Burp User | Last updated: Jun 05, 2019 04:40PM UTC

Hi! I did it same manner it is described in the link provided to create IP aliases. But issue is this IP does not get listed in proxy listener>options>add proxy listener section so that I can create listener on this new IP. Add proxy listener options shows only localhost, all interfaces and the original IP but not these IP aliases. thanks

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.