Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Intruder web sockets

Ahmad | Last updated: Nov 18, 2020 06:56PM UTC

Hi, you have mentioned before that sending web sockets to Burp Intruder isn't yet available, I wanted to know if you are aware of any tool that is able to do that? (Sending thousands web sockets in small range of time -fixed parameters-)

Matt | Last updated: Nov 18, 2020 11:17PM UTC

Zap currently has this functionality. Waiting for burp to implement since I prefer burp but when I come across web sockets I turn to Zap. https://www.zaproxy.org/docs/desktop/addons/websockets/

Ahmad | Last updated: Nov 19, 2020 10:24AM UTC

Thanks, is there any tutorial on that specific feature?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 19, 2020 01:56PM UTC

We've linked this thread to the request in our backlog so we can post here and let you know when there are updates relating to Burp.

Ryan | Last updated: Jun 08, 2021 03:15PM UTC

Please bump this up - I keep running into this limitation. Ideally the tool would provide an intruder-like interface for sending repeat messages with payloads and also provide a bucket for viewing messages from the server on the same connection (or connections).

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 09, 2021 10:42AM UTC

Thanks for the feedback. We don't have an ETA for this just yet I'm afraid but we've added your vote which will help the team when they're prioritizing new features.

Sheldon | Last updated: Jun 10, 2021 03:01PM UTC

I'd also like to bump this up. I've used ZAP for some websocket fuzzing, however it is not as fully featured as Burp's Intruder and leaves a lot to be desired. In addition to the Intruder integration, websocket access to Extender APIs would be awesome.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 10, 2021 03:05PM UTC

We've added your vote for both of those features :)

Simon | Last updated: Jan 04, 2023 12:19PM UTC

Hi Michelle, I would also like to see Websocket Intruder and ActiveScan possibilities in Burp. Websockets become more wide spread, but the tooling is still behind...

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 06, 2023 08:46AM UTC

Thanks for the feedback!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.