Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

intruder tab problem

mark | Last updated: Apr 24, 2015 08:11AM UTC

Dear's i was using the app normally then restart the machine after that i tried to open the intruder tab the sub tabs is dim and cant add any data. i need your help as soon as possible please. Screenshot : http://i59.tinypic.com/2q30yfk.jpg BR,

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 24, 2015 08:17AM UTC

Does this problem recur if you restart Burp again, or is there some action that triggers it (like restoring a state file)? If you can email us your debug ID (at Options / Misc / Performance feedback) we can investigate whether we have any errors logged for your instance of Burp.

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 24, 2015 08:36AM UTC

yes it does ,the problem recur after restarting burp . couldn't find the requested debug id in the above directory because I'm using version 1.5 .where can i find it???

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 24, 2015 08:36AM UTC

If you're using version 1.5, we'd strongly recommend updating to the latest version as your first step. Also, try restoring defaults for all options (via the Burp menu), then gracefully closing Burp and restarting it.

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 24, 2015 08:46AM UTC

kindly note that i update to the latest version of 1st java 2nd burp 1.6 right now also i restored the defaults but unfortunately the problem still exist > the debug id :09c636868143cdf70a65:1289

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 24, 2015 08:53AM UTC

And did you say that Burp was working fine and this problem only emerged after you restarted the machine? What happens if you send a request from another tool to Intruder? Does the tab appear and is it usable? Also, can you try launching Burp from the command line with the word usedefaults at the end of your command?

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 24, 2015 09:23AM UTC

yes it was working just fine ,just before the restart burp hang with no response from any tool so i close it and restart the pc ,right now no tool connect me with intruder .now i tested it as you mention throw command line the same issue but what i notice inside intruder tab the dim sub tab when i switch between then the command line window lots of java execution line is appear in the same time .

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 24, 2015 09:39AM UTC

i just test the app in another pc it work using the same source .but i want to fix the issue in my main machine .waiting for your answer an advice

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 24, 2015 09:45AM UTC

We're not aware of any reason for the unexpected tab behavior, and no one else has reported this problem, sorry. The only thing we can think of is that there is a problem with your Java installation on this machine, given that the problem started after a reboot (something could have updated). We suggest trying to install a different version of Java (6 / 7 / 8) and from a different vendor (Oracle / OpenJDK). If that doesn't help, we're out of ideas, sorry. You can clean Burp's temp files by starting a new instance of Burp and letting it prompt to delete the old files. Or you can do it at Help / Clean Burp from computer.

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 24, 2015 09:46AM UTC

i also want to know how can i erase all the burp related temp and history files ,

Burp User | Last updated: Apr 24, 2015 09:04PM UTC

any update

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.