Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Intruder Problem

Omar | Last updated: Jul 07, 2021 04:46PM UTC

Why does intruder not accept Arabic characters?

Omar | Last updated: Jul 07, 2021 06:58PM UTC

James, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 09, 2021 04:03PM UTC

Hi Omar,

Can I check if the font you have set in User options > Display > HTTP Message Display > Font includes the required glyphs? Or please try an alternative font.

What settings do you have for the HTTP Message Display and Character Sets?

Omar | Last updated: Jul 10, 2021 10:46PM UTC

Thank you I have already checked my settings , and these are : Font : Courier New Charachter Sets : Recognize automatically based on message headers HTML Rendering : Allow render to make HTTP requests (ticked).

Omar | Last updated: Jul 10, 2021 11:18PM UTC

my problem specifically is in payload list, not in the other intruder options tab

Omar | Last updated: Jul 10, 2021 11:19PM UTC

* my problem specifically is in payload list, not in the intruder options tab

Omar | Last updated: Jul 10, 2021 11:20PM UTC

* my problem specifically is in payload list, not in the intruder positions tab

James, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 12, 2021 09:22AM UTC

Hi Omar,

This could be caused by the font Courier New not containing all the glyphs required to display the Arabic characters. If you choose a different font do you get better results?

If you have a font installed that you know contains the Arabic glyphs, please test with that. If you're not sure which one to test then it could be worth testing with Times New Roman or Arial to compare the results as a starting point.

If you are still having issues please can you email support@portswigger.net with a screenshot?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.