Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Internal browser not connecting to Tryhackme

Michael | Last updated: Apr 30, 2024 10:34AM UTC

Hi, I was practicing at tryhackme.com but I can not use the internal browser for it. I get an error like: Burp Suite Professional Error Failed to connect to 10.10.82.157:443 Using Firefox with FoxyProxy works just fine. What's wrong? Best, Michael

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 30, 2024 05:09PM UTC

Hi Michael, Where are you running Burp - is this in the attack box or on your machine itself?

Michael | Last updated: May 10, 2024 08:27AM UTC

Hi Ben, on my machine using the Tryhackme VPN.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 10, 2024 12:09PM UTC

Hi Michael, When you are connected to the Tryhackme VPN and attempt to use the embedded browser are you able to browse to other public sites (i.e. can you get to https://portswigger.net)?

Michael | Last updated: May 10, 2024 04:30PM UTC

Yes, I can. Actually I always use a VPN and then connect to the tryhackme VPN. But, as I said, with Firefox I have no problem at all.

Michael | Last updated: May 10, 2024 04:37PM UTC

Hi, suddenly it's working, but I don't know why. I disconnected the general VPN and connected again, leaving the tryhackme VPN on all the time. Now it works ... ??? Any idea why?

Michael | Last updated: May 10, 2024 04:46PM UTC

Sorry ... I tried to replicate the process but now it doesn't work. Can't connect either with or without Proton VPN. But I can reach external webpages like google.com, etc.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 13, 2024 09:30AM UTC

Hi Michael, I would presume it is some kind of routing issues based on the use of more than one VPN. Do you still have these issues if you simply use the Tryhackme VPN to connect to their environment and nothing else?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.