Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Interception Not Working.

Ethan | Last updated: Oct 11, 2018 02:25AM UTC

Websites aren't loading and I am not receiving the request in the interceptions tab. URLs appear in the history, I have the settings set to default; I have no idea what's wrong, obviously.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 11, 2018 10:41AM UTC

Thanks for your message Ethan. Do the URLs in the history tab correlate with your browser activity? Do you have the intercept button on or off?

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 11, 2018 10:49AM UTC

Ok, within Burp, have a look in Proxy > Options > Intercept Client Requests. I think the option to "Intercept requests based on the following rules" has been turned off, and you will need to turn it back on.

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 11, 2018 03:37PM UTC

They URLs in tab history correlate with firefox browsing activity; firefox is what I have the proxy set up with. I do indeed have the intercept button on.

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 11, 2018 05:49PM UTC

Nope, it's on.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 12, 2018 09:00AM UTC

Hi Ethan, This problem sounds most strange. To investigate futher, can you please send me a screen shot of: 1) Your proxy interception options - including showing that master intercept is on 2) Your browser proxy configuration 3) The URL in your browser you're trying to intercept 4) The request appearing in HTTP history Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Burp User | Last updated: Oct 12, 2018 04:03PM UTC

I have the same problem...

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 15, 2018 01:24PM UTC

Hi David, could you please send the same diagnostic info that I asked Ethan for. Thank-you

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.