Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Interception

Gabriel | Last updated: Jan 09, 2017 10:23AM UTC

Hello, I would like to make an extension for BurpSuite, which would intercept the requests, wait for a time interval, and then send the requests to the server. In the future I am planning also to modify these packets. However, I would like to know how can I perform the request interception for defined time intervals by using the API for the extension. Could you please provide some guidance or hints how to do this? Thanks.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 09, 2017 10:24AM UTC

Do you mean you want requests to be shown in the Proxy Intercept tab for an interval, and then automatically forwarded on via the API? There isn't a way to do this. If you just mean you want requests to be delayed for an interval by the extension, then you could register an IHttpListener, identify the requests from relevant tools that you are interested in, and sleep the current thread for an interval.

Burp User | Last updated: Jan 09, 2017 11:45AM UTC

I am interested in delaying the requests to the server from the client, where i would like to have different time intervals, and observe the servers reactions. Could you please a little bit specify "you could register an IHttpListener, identify the requests from relevant tools that you are interested in". How this is done? I suppose that I will have to use and modify your example here: http://blog.portswigger.net/2012/12/sample-burp-suite-extension-event.html Is there anything similar which I could use? Or some kind of source where this is described? Thank you very much for your promt answer.

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 09, 2017 11:48AM UTC

Take a look at this sample extension, which intercepts all requests in code: http://blog.portswigger.net/2012/12/sample-burp-suite-extension-traffic.html Instead of changing the target host as this extension does, just put a Thread.sleep() of whatever duration you want.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.