Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

intercept proxy based applications

N | Last updated: Jul 09, 2015 05:40AM UTC

I was trying to intercept an application (Internet Download Manager) requests after I configured it's proxy, I was able to intercept the request, however I don't receive response. could it be a certificate problem? if not, what is it

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 09, 2015 07:37AM UTC

Response interception is disabled by default. You can look in the Proxy history to see whether a response was actually received. You can enable interception of responses at Proxy / Options / Intercept Server Responses.

Burp User | Last updated: Jul 10, 2015 12:35AM UTC

It's not that I cannot intercept the response ,the problem is, it gives me a connection time out whenever I make traffic goes via Burp. even if I send the request on the repeater , I never receive response on it

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 10, 2015 08:15AM UTC

Do you normally need to use a network proxy server to access the web? I.e., in your normal browser proxy settings before you configured them to use Burp, was there another proxy configured? If so, you will need to configure Burp to use this same proxy as its upstream - you can do this at Options / Connections / Upstream proxy servers.

Burp User | Last updated: Jul 10, 2015 06:29PM UTC

No, I access web without configuring my PC to go through proxy

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 13, 2015 12:36PM UTC

It's hard to know what the issue might be. Burp makes normal network connections to relevant targets to fulfil requests. Network-level connection errors and timeouts indicate that Burp was unable to open a TCP connection to the target in question. We would recommend looking at your network configuration and logs to see if you can identify why the connections cannot be made. It might also be worth restoring defaults for all Burp options (via the Burp menu), in case you have modified any settings that are affecting network connections.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.