Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Intercept odd behavior

j | Last updated: Jul 20, 2018 01:32PM UTC

Hi Support. Seems that while Intercept works, I cannot see anything in "Raw" data tab, but I do see data in "Headers" and "Hex". If I try to forward to Repeater, same thing. Nothing is in HTTP History either. I have already tried restoring to default the client/server Intercept settings, and even removed BurpSuite from host, then downloaded & installed new 1.7.35 installer from your site. When I put entries into Scope, refresh page, Intercept tab lights up, I can forward it on, the browser will process the action, but am still missing readable data. Do you think its java version? Linux 4.14.0-kali3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.14.17-1kali1 (2018-02-16) x86_64 GNU/Linux java --version openjdk 10.0.1 2018-04-17 OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 10.0.1+10-Debian-4)

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 20, 2018 01:41PM UTC

JW, thanks for reporting this. We are aware of another user who had this issue when running Burp with Java 10, which is not currently supported. Can I suggest you try the Burp Linux Installer, which has a bundled JRE that we know works well with Burp. We will eventually make Burp work with Java 10, but this is a little down the line. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Burp User | Last updated: Jul 21, 2018 11:08AM UTC

I just wanted to add that I am experiencing the same exact issue. I'll look into reverting to Java 8 as I've heard this seems to have the best compatibility.

Burp User | Last updated: Jul 21, 2018 04:09PM UTC

I also had the same problem. Everything is working fine except that I can't see anything in raw tab. In my case its actually hidden from view but the data is still there. I just did ctrl+a and ctrl+c and pasted the data to a notepad, made the necessary changes and overwrote it in the raw tab....and it worked. The data is there but it seems that the color of the data is same as the background color making it illegible.

Burp User | Last updated: Jul 23, 2018 12:44AM UTC

same

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 23, 2018 07:11AM UTC

We haven't been able to reproduce the issue yet. However, the solution is to change the font in User options > Display > HTTP Message Display. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Burp User | Last updated: Jul 24, 2018 10:06AM UTC

i have same problem here. change the java version wont solved but change the font is solved like Liam said above.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 24, 2018 10:55AM UTC

Thesingh, the solution is to change the font in User options > Display > HTTP Message Display.

Burp User | Last updated: Jul 29, 2018 08:57AM UTC

I do have the same issue.

Burp User | Last updated: Aug 17, 2018 09:38PM UTC

hey Liam, sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner. I recently moved to a new apartment, and then was out of town for a week. I saw other people discussing using the HTTP Msg Display option you mentioned, and although that didn't seem to work the 1st time I tried that fix, it did this time. Although I did just run the 1.7.36 update too, so who knows :) happy trails :)

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.