Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Installation on windows for all users,

NATIONALE | Last updated: May 24, 2022 09:31AM UTC

Hi I used one of my two Burp Suite licenses to install it on a VM we have. With this license I can use Burp suite when logged in the machine with my account. But, when another user log in and open Burp Suite, that user is requested to enter license key. Is there a way to activate a Burp Suite license in a virtual machine, so it is accesible for all users in that machine? Thanks in advance

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 24, 2022 09:39AM UTC

Hi Burp Suite Professional is licensed on a per-user basis rather than per installation. Any person to use the software must have a valid license. You can find out more about our licensing model here: https://portswigger.net/support/burp-suite-licensing-model

NATIONALE | Last updated: May 24, 2022 01:58PM UTC

Hi again Thanks for the answer. In that case, if we activate the licenses for the two users and one of them will not use it anymore (E.g: Because he leaves our company or will do other tasks). Would it be feasible to re-assign the remaining license to a new user? Thanks in advance.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 25, 2022 01:47PM UTC

Hi If the user has now left the company, then we do allow the transfer of license to a new user. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.