Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Installation Failed

batman | Last updated: Apr 13, 2020 07:45AM UTC

Hi, I have been trying to install burp for the last 10 hours and it does not seem to complete the installation. Embedded DB: the embedded database requires file locking which is not supported by the selected data directory burp suite - I don't know what I should do for this error and there is no proper document available on your website. External DB[MySQL 5.7 | PG 9.5]: does not establish connection. I have searched your forums and found many people report the same issue. Not even a single packet was sent to the DB. I just started evaluating for burp enterprise edition for our company. We developed web applications. And I work for ManageEngine. How do you expect us to pay $4000 when the application cannot even install??? Frustrated!!!!

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 14, 2020 07:14AM UTC

Hi, Again, I would like to apologize for the delayed response. We had a public holiday here in the UK. Can you please check my email reply?

Hanan | Last updated: May 27, 2020 09:52AM UTC

Same error, I have created a new post for the same. Could you please reply with the fix in my email

Chirag | Last updated: Jun 04, 2020 02:56AM UTC

Hello Team, I am facing the same issues unable to install BurpSuite Enterprise - Embedded DB: the embedded database requires file locking which is not supported by the selected data directory burp suite Kindly assist on priority. regards, Chirag

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 04, 2020 07:30AM UTC

Hi Chirag, Please email us with further details and information on the below: - The OS you are running - The version of Enterprise you are attempting to install - The file system on your OS - The exact steps you are taking to reach the error, along with screenshots

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.