Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Installation Error

The | Last updated: May 13, 2020 09:12PM UTC

Setup account, got key, downloaded and installed burp. Windows Defender was disabled firewall was on (oops). Connection got blocked. Disabled firewall. Reinstalled Burp. Now can't login to burp Web UI. Tried reinstalling multiple times. Finally decided to format drive and start brand new fresh. Re-downloaded, Re-installed. Got installation error at the end connecting to database.Ignored. Still locked out of UI. Tried adminusercreator.exe --username=Admin --password=Letmeinplease! --email=admin@blank.com --dbUrl-jdbc:C:\ProgramData\BurpSuiteEnterpriseEdition\data\burpsuiteenterpriseedition_db.mv --dbUsername=burp_enterprise --dbPassword=* ^Didn't work.Did i do that wrong?^ Question : Can i reset my login or create a new one if so how, i've searched on google can't find an answer that works for me. Thank you.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 14, 2020 08:15AM UTC

Hi, I have replied to your query via email. If anyone else is encountering the same issue, please try the below (this is under the assumption that the Enterprise server portal loads up when you access it via your browser): Run the following command (e.g. for a MySQL database) in your installation directory: adminusercreator.exe --username=Admin --password=Letmeinplease! --email=admin@blank.com --dbUrl=jdbc:mysql://{server address}:3306/burpenterprise --dbUsername=beserver --dbPassword=* The arguments in the command can be changed as appropriate. The --dbUrl can be found in your enterpriseServer.log file (C:\ProgramData\BurpSuiteEnterpriseEdition) if you do not know it. If you are using the embedded database, the dbPassword can be found in the init.sql file in C:\Program Files\burpsuite_enterprise\databaseServer.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.