Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

.install4j\files.log (The system cannot find the file specified) Error While Uninstall

pikacu | Last updated: Jan 24, 2022 10:27AM UTC

Hello people, I have installed burpsuite_enterprise_windows-x64_v2022_1.exe on windows server 2016 and now I want to uninstall it. However, when I run the uninstaller it gaves me an error like this and alert me it was successfuly uninstalled, but it isn't. The Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\burpsuite_enterprise\.install4j\files.log (The system cannot find the file specified) Could you please help me with that, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

James, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 24, 2022 01:00PM UTC

Hello, There should be a log file located at C:\Program Files\burpsuite_enterprise\.install4j\files.log and the Burp Enterprise uninstaller is expecting this to be present. If for some reason this file is not there or has been deleted, you can manually uninstall Burp Enterprise by performing the below steps: 1) Verify you are running the uninstaller as an administrator (right click and run as administrator) 2) If you are still getting the error, manually delete the below directories from the file system (based on the default installation locations) C:\Program Files\burpsuite_enterprise\ C:\ProgramData\BurpSuiteEnterpriseEdition\ C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Burp Suite Enterprise Edition\ Delete the desktop shortcut if present Burp Enterprise is then completely removed. Let us know if you need anything further.

pikacu | Last updated: Jan 27, 2022 07:37AM UTC

Hello James, Thank you so much for your help. Have a nice day

James, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 27, 2022 12:37PM UTC

Hello, No problem. Have a good day!

Jeff | Last updated: Jun 01, 2023 07:16AM UTC

Except the app is still listed under Apps & Features. To remove it, open up RegEdit, and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and then search for burp. Delete the entire folder containing the burp installer.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.