The Burp Suite User Forum will be discontinued on the 1st November 2024.

Burp Suite User Forum

For support requests, go to the Support Centre. To discuss with other Burp users, head to our Discord page.

SUPPORT CENTRE DISCORD

Create new post

Install Error under MacOS (ARM64)

Marius | Last updated: Sep 30, 2024 04:31PM UTC

Hey, i'm trying to install Burp Pro in my Kali VM under MacOS (M3). Currently i'm running in to an error: $ ./burpsuite_pro_linux_arm64_v2024_7_6.sh Unpacking JRE ... Starting Installer ... ./burpsuite_pro_linux_arm64_v2024_7_6.sh: 653: /home/kali/Downloads/burpsuite_pro_linux_arm64_v2024_7_6.sh.128203.dir/jre/bin/java: not found $ java --version Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on -Dswing.aatext=true openjdk 21.0.5 2024-10-15 OpenJDK Runtime Enviroment (build 21.0.5-ea+8-Debian-1) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 21.0.5-ea+8-Debian-1, mixed mode, sharings) Thank you very much for your help!

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 01, 2024 10:58AM UTC

Hi Unfortunately, this is due to missing "musl" library. If you install this library, you should be able to run the installer. We will be releasing v2024.9 to Early Adopter in the next couple of days, which will not have this dependency on the "musl" library. Hope this helps!

Prince | Last updated: Oct 01, 2024 01:46PM UTC

How do I install this library on my Kali VM? Thank you for your help

Prince | Last updated: Oct 01, 2024 01:48PM UTC

Nevermind, I got it. sudo apt install musl This worked.

Marius | Last updated: Oct 04, 2024 01:57PM UTC

Thank you! Installation worked fine, but now i retrieve errors while activating Plugins: java.lang.Exception: Failed to load Python interpreter from Jython JAR file at burp.Zmdy.Zd(Unknown Source) at burp.Ztw3.ZN(Unknown Source) at burp.Zl9.Zz(Unknown Source) at burp.Zbgh.lambda$panelLoaded$0(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:572) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:317) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1144) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:642) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1583) can you please help me out with this one again?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 04, 2024 03:46PM UTC

Hi Could you drop us an email at support@portswigger.net with some screenshots of your "Extension settings > Python environment" options?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.