Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Install CA in Burpsuite

Robert | Last updated: May 28, 2020 09:04AM UTC

Hi all, I am just getting started in Burpsuite and having trouble installing the CA. In the latest version of Burpsuite, the dialog asks to import the CA (which I have). But it ALSO is asking for the private key to import. When I downloaded the CA from Portswigger, I didn't see a private key. But I DID download the .pem file. I thought this might have been useful, but the dialog says it's not the correct format. "Failed to import certificate: Java.security.spe.InvalidKeySpecException:java.security.InvalidKeyException:invalid key format." Thanks for any help

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 28, 2020 09:25AM UTC

Hi Robert, You install the Burp CA Certificate in your browser. Have you read the page below with instructions on how to do this for the browser that you are using? https://portswigger.net/support/installing-burp-suites-ca-certificate-in-your-browser

Robert | Last updated: May 28, 2020 02:29PM UTC

Hi Ben, Yes, I've installed in Mozilla, Firefox 76.0.1. What's weird is I had BurpSuite up and running for 30 mins, but then Firefox quit. Thanks,

Robert | Last updated: May 28, 2020 02:29PM UTC

Hi Ben, Yes, I've installed in Mozilla, Firefox 76.0.1. What's weird is I had BurpSuite up and running for 30 mins, but then Firefox quit. Thanks,

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 28, 2020 05:32PM UTC

Hi Robert, Just to confirm, it was working fine, Firefox quit and now it no longer works correctly?

Robert | Last updated: May 29, 2020 12:30AM UTC

Correct Ben. It was working fine for about 30 mins, then inexplicably stopped. I had to do my "real" job today. I'll troubleshoot tonight after din din. Thx,

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 29, 2020 10:20AM UTC

Are you seeing some kind of error when you try and use it now? It might be useful to remove the certificate from Firefox completely and then go to Proxy -> Options and click the Regenerate CA certificate button. At this point you can go through the steps to import the certificate again in Firefox.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.