Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Install Burp Suite Enterprise on AWS

WTC | Last updated: Sep 02, 2021 09:49AM UTC

Hi There, I have a problem while I deploy Burp Suite on AWS cloud by follow this instruction https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/enterprise/getting-started/cloud/deploy-aws. After I finished deploy IAM cloudformation and add new user with group from IAM cloudformation created and login with that user. When I deploy main cloudformation stack I found that roll back too many time, so I keep looking while main stack operate then I found that stack cannot create node group in EKS and error message is below Failed to create service linked role: AWSServiceRoleForAmazonEKSNodegroup due to missing permissions for 'iam:CreateServiceLinkedRole' (Service: AmazonEKS; Status Code: 400; Error Code: InvalidRequestException; Request ID: 2078b0f4-9791-4a98-8e93-68d4cd9c60df; Proxy: null) The following resource(s) failed to create: [NodeGroup]. Please help me to find solution to deploy it.

Alex, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 02, 2021 11:38AM UTC

Hi, Thanks for your post Does the AWS user you are running the deployment with have full admin access to AWS? Are you signed in using SSO or as a local admin? It's also worth checking if there is anything available in the deployment logs from CloudWatch: CloudWatch > Log groups > /aws/ecs/containerinsights/<stack name>-ecs-cluster/deployment CloudWatch > Log groups > /aws/ecs/containerinsights/<stack name>-DatabaseInit-<ID>-ecs-cluster-db-init/db-init If so, you can send these to us at support@portswigger.net Thanks

WTC | Last updated: Sep 02, 2021 12:06PM UTC

Hi, I create new user with group burp-suite-enterprise-edition-CloudFormationUsers and login with this user as suggest in deployment instruction

Alex, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 03, 2021 04:30PM UTC

Hi, I would suggest we organise a Zoom session to troubleshoot this issue. You can contact us at support@portswigger.net to organise and reference this post. Thanks

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.