Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Install Burp Suite Enterprise inside alpine docker

Andriy | Last updated: Jun 17, 2022 12:15PM UTC

Trying to install Burp Suite Enterprise inside alpine docker. Java is installed (OpenJDK-11) and it is in PATH. JAVA_HOME is set. Still, I get error that java is not found Trying to install Burp Suite Enterprise inside alpine docker ❯ docker run -it burp /bin/sh /work # echo $PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/default-jvm/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/default-jvm/bin /work # echo $JAVA_HOME /usr/lib/jvm/default-jvm /work # java -version openjdk version "11.0.15" 2022-04-19 OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.15+10-alpine-r0) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.15+10-alpine-r0, mixed mode) /work # /work/burpsuite_enterprise_linux.sh -c -q -varfile response.varfile Unpacking JRE ... Starting Installer ... /work/burpsuite_enterprise_linux.sh: line 610: /work/burpsuite_enterprise_linux.sh.23.dir/jre/bin/java: not found /work #

Maia, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 17, 2022 03:34PM UTC

Running Burp Suite Enterprise in docker container(s) is currently not supported. As well as the issue you have mentioned you may also encounter problems with licensing and other aspects of using the software that we could not guarantee to solve. Can you let us know why you want to run it in Docker? Whilst official Docker support has not been released, we do have our Kubernetes deployment for Burp Suite Enterprise available now which may be of interest to you. You can find more information in the blog post below: https://portswigger.net/blog/burp-suite-enterprise-edition-kubernetes-deployment-and-auto-scaling

Andriy | Last updated: Jun 20, 2022 11:38AM UTC

The idea is to run docker image in AWS Fargate. DB will be setup separately. Kubernetes setup you offer maybe an overkill for us. This is why I am looking on building my own image.

Andriy | Last updated: Jun 20, 2022 11:46AM UTC

I wonder where is the license stored? Is it stored inside DB or will it be stored inside the docker?

Maia, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 20, 2022 04:15PM UTC

The license would be stored in the docker image and you would likely need to activate the installation first, but we wouldn't be able to support you any further with this. What are you finding overkill about the new helm chart?

Andriy | Last updated: Jun 21, 2022 08:43AM UTC

Overkill is to setup kubernetes cluster only for Burp.

Andriy | Last updated: Jun 21, 2022 11:54AM UTC

Are there any plans on your side to move license to DB? Thank you.

Maia, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 21, 2022 12:19PM UTC

We have no plans to do that at the moment sorry.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.