Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Inspector "Apply changes" button does not appear when copy/pasting

Frnz | Last updated: Mar 02, 2021 01:54PM UTC

I have the following problem when pasting content in Inspector within Repeater, please reproduce as follows: 1) Edit an HTTP POST request with an URL-encoded body parameter 2) Editing a single character in the "Decoded From: URL-encoding" textbox will activate the "Apply changes" button and will incorporate the changes made. HOWEVER, when using pasting instead of manual editing in step 2: 2) Paste some payload inside the "Decoded From: URL-encoding" textbox will not activate the "Apply changes" button.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 04, 2021 02:23PM UTC

Hi We've recently released v2021.3. This included some fixes with regards to cutting, copying, and pasting. When pasting content into the Inspector panel in v2021.3, the "Apply changes" button was triggered. Could you confirm that this issue is no longer present in the latest version of Burp?

Frnz | Last updated: Mar 09, 2021 07:15AM UTC

Hi, I am using Burp Suite Professional v2021.3-6268, unfortunately it is still present. Pasting does indeed trigger trigger the "Apply changes" button in the Inspector panel when pasting in the "Value" text box, but does not trigger the button in the "Decoded From (URL encoding)" text box when pasting content there. When you paste two times in the "Decoded From (URL encoding" textbox, the button will be triggered. Can you reproduce?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 10, 2021 02:51PM UTC

Hi Unfortunately, I haven't been successful in replicating this - it seems to trigger the button every time I paste content. Could you drop us an email at support@portswigger.net with a screen recording of your issue? Additionally, could you send me your diagnostics information in your email? You can find this by going to "Help > Diagnostics" within Burp.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.