Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Info on Features per License

Harpreet | Last updated: Jun 21, 2023 01:20AM UTC

Hi I need a information on 1) How many users can use burpsuit on a same license. Precisely Under one lisence, how many team members can use burpsuit on more than one machine in a same network. 2) How many concurrent or parallel scans can we run on burpsuit pro without crashing? 3) what is the best configuration required for the base machine? Thanks and regards Harpreet

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 21, 2023 07:02AM UTC

Hi Harpreet, Please find answers to your questions below (I presume all these questions are related to Burp Professional): 1. Burp Professional is licensed on a per-user basis where we identify a user as an individual person. If you have a one-user license then that allows one person to use Burp, a two-user license allows two people to use Burp etc. What is not allowed is for more people to use Burp then there are license keys for so, for example, you could not have three people using Burp with a one-user license key. Within the confines of the above, we do not have an issue with a user installing and using Burp Professional on more than one machine (so, for example, the one person using Burp with the one-user license is allowed to install and use Burp on more than one machine. 2. Burp Professional is designed to perform ad-hoc scanning so we would always recommend running one scan at a time. 3. The Burp Professional system requirements are detailed on the page below: https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/getting-started/system-requirements

Harpreet | Last updated: Jun 22, 2023 01:42AM UTC

Hi Ben I appreciate your support. This information is quite helpful to my team. Thanks Harpreet

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.