Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

In the proxy history and logger history, if you click on the picture burp will freeze

cyvk | Last updated: Jul 26, 2023 01:59AM UTC

In the proxy history and logger history, if you click on the picture, Burp will freeze even though it is only 8kb, but the 1.4mb js file will not freeze. I guess it is because the picture cannot be correctly processed into a string. I can’t remove all the picture files. The suffix because I need to check whether the response body and body have image steganography Is there a way to solve this problem

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 26, 2023 09:52AM UTC

Hi, Are you able to send us an email at support@portswigger.net and include your diagnostic information (available via the Help -> Diagnostics menu item in Burp) so that we can see some information about your setup? In terms of the actual issue - does this happen for one specific request/response or is it happening for any response that contains an image? Would we be able to get a screenshot of this request/response in the email that you send us? Is there a particular site that you are interacting with that allows you to consistently hit this issue? If so, is it public facing and would you be able to provide us with the URL in the email that you are going to send us so that we can take a look? Currently, I am having no luck replicating this so it would be useful to get the above information.

cyvk | Last updated: Jul 28, 2023 02:05AM UTC

I have emailed the title is Clicking on an image file in the burp history panel gets stuck

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 28, 2023 07:05AM UTC

Thank you. We have received your email and will get back to you in due course.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.