Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Importing OpenAPI v3.0 spec for scan - "Couldn't read the API definition. Review the definition and correct any syntax errors."

Ads | Last updated: May 10, 2024 05:03PM UTC

I used a private repo (hence not sharing) OpenAPI .yaml spec to augment a collection, then used redocly-cli to create a v3.1 SON collection and then used @apiture/openapi-down-convert (npm) to downgrade the v3.1 OpenAPI spec to v3.0 compatible with Burp Suite scanner.. when i attempt to import into Burp Suite pro, i get the error "Couldn't read the API definition. Review the definition and correct any syntax errors." is there any way i can turn on some kind of debugging/verbosity? the error isn't very helpful. tyia!

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 13, 2024 12:23PM UTC

Hi We have some additional improvements to API scanning on our Early Adopter channel. Could you check this out and see if you are still experiencing the issue? If you'd like to switch over to Early Adopter, just go to "Settings > Suite > Updates" and change your dropdown from Stable to Early Adopter. After that, if you wait a minute or so, a popup should appear in the top right-hand corner of Burp, with the option to restart your installation. We should have relaxed the YAML parsing slightly as part of these improvements.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.