Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

IMessageEditorTab getMessage() not changing raw tab in Repeater

tanner | Last updated: Mar 11, 2021 11:05PM UTC

Hello, I am building an extension that implements IMessageEditorTab and provides a component with multiple ITextEditors where users can save snapshots of the request. Within each snapshot they can click a button to restore the snapshot which will replace the repeater request contents with the snapshots contents. This works except when I replace the contents it doesn't change the "Raw" tab but it does change the "main" ITextEditor that is supposed to mirror the "Raw" tab. Oddly, logging shows it is returning the modified contents when switching back to "Raw" but it doesn't actually change it. If I change my "main" ITextEditor by restoring a snapshot then change its state my adding a space then if I switch to "Raw" is is updated so there might be something behind the scenes listener wise that needs to get refreshed. Below is a gist for my IMessageEditorTab where all the magic happens. https://gist.github.com/Static-Flow/cb846a40a5835f8ce1ad4af013cf084c

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 15, 2021 03:45PM UTC

Hi Could you clarify what you mean by the "main" ITextEditor - would that be the ITextEditor registered by your extension? When you restore a snapshot or change the state by adding a space, are there any differences between what is returned by your various functions (for example, your isModified() function)?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.