Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

Ignored Insertion Points when request body is JSON

Ralph | Last updated: Jun 30, 2021 08:55PM UTC

Hi everyone. I have a simple POST request whose body is JSON. { "key1":"value1", "key2":"value2", "key3":"value3" } In my audit scan I want to exclude injection checks on the "value1" field but no amount of regex foo I've tried seems to work. When viewing the scan via Logger++ I still see injection test against the "value1" field. Not sure if I should be regex matching on the "key1" name? the "value1" value? Should I be using Match Type Is? Match Matches RegEx? Do you have successful regex examples when the request body is JSON? Thanks in advance.

Uthman, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 01, 2021 10:37AM UTC

Hi Ralph, For body parameter values, ignored insertion points can be configured for JSON values (more information on this in the documentation below). - https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/scanning/audit-options Can you try adding a new rule to 'Skip all tests for these parameters:' that looks like this? Body parameter Value Is value1

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.