Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

i'm being disconnected

Anne | Last updated: Mar 16, 2023 05:16AM UTC

Hi, I keep receiving the following message : The client has failed to negociate a TLS connection. I'm using burp suite community on a Macbook air Many thanks for your kind help and congrats for your app Anne

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 16, 2023 09:15AM UTC

Hi Anne, Are you seeing this with every site that you try and proxy through Burp or only certain ones? Are you using the embedded browser or an external browser? If you are using an external browser, have you installed the Burp CA certificate?

Anne | Last updated: Mar 16, 2023 09:24AM UTC

Hi Ben, many thanks for getting back to me. Only through Burp, I use Chrome and I put the CA certificate in my keychain, I probably got it wrong somewhere

Anne | Last updated: Mar 16, 2023 10:05AM UTC

Dear Ben hi, me again so sorry to bother, but I actually kind of run out of time I've tried to connect with chromium but it does not match with google, I've tried to search on forums and it seems to be a proxy issue, I have set burps suite proxy in my settings but I am not a proxy girl... Sorry again and thank you

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 16, 2023 10:25AM UTC

Hi Anne, So you are using the embedded browser and are still seeing this issue (i.e. you are launching and using the browser that you get by clicking the 'Open browser' button under the Proxy -> Intercept tab in Burp)? What are you seeing in the browser itself when you navigate to a site? When you have put the Burp CA certificate in your keychain, have changed the trust settings so that the added certificate is always trusted? The screenshots on the following documentation page walk through this process: https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/external-browser-config/certificate/ca-cert-safari

Anne | Last updated: Mar 16, 2023 10:45AM UTC

Hi and thanks thanks thanks, when I open the browser and I try to go to my gmail account Google won't allow it, and yes I have changed the trust settings. I'm desperate

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 16, 2023 12:33PM UTC

Hi Anne, Is this only happening when you attempt to access your gmail account or every site that you try browse to in the embedded browser (what happens if you browse to https://portswigger.net, for example)? If you try to browse to a simple HTTP site, like http://example.com, in the embedded browser does this work for you? Are you able to provide any screenshots of what you are seeing?

Anne | Last updated: Mar 16, 2023 12:51PM UTC

just google, any other website works, I just bought a license and i still have that tls issue thanks

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 17, 2023 07:35AM UTC

Hi Anne, We have received and responded to your email about this - we look forward to hearing back from you on the email chain with the information that we requested.

Anne | Last updated: Mar 19, 2023 07:29AM UTC

Hi Ben, Just got a new laptop and the tLS issue is gone :-) But I have a new one now, Gmail does not seem to run with proxy so I can't access to the content I've tride through Chrome and Firefox - I followed your user guide) everytime I turn the intercept on my internet stop (Error #001) and I can never transfer the datas. Thanks and have a nice day Anne

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 20, 2023 11:56AM UTC

Hi Anne, At what point do you see this error being displayed i.e. what task are you carrying out? Are we able to get a screenshot of this in the browser?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.