Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

I get Connection reset error message on every page

Anil | Last updated: Jun 21, 2021 04:32AM UTC

Hi there, I recently installed burp suite on my macbook pro and when I visit any URL, I get connection reset error. When I go to the URL and make intercept on, I see a GET request (when I go to google.com for example). But when I make intercept off or when I try to forward to request to see what happens in the url, I get connection reset error. I don't know how to fix this. Please advise.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 21, 2021 08:02AM UTC

Thanks for your message. So we can take a look into this with you can you send an email to support@portswigger.net with some screenshots or a screen-recording of what you are seeing and confirmation of the version of Burp Suite you are using, please? Do you have an upstream proxy server set?

Anil | Last updated: Jun 21, 2021 01:30PM UTC

I sent the screenshots. I haven't set the upstream proxy server. Is it necessary to do so?

Anil | Last updated: Jun 21, 2021 01:30PM UTC

I sent the screenshots. I haven't set the upstream proxy server. Is it necessary to do so?

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 21, 2021 01:45PM UTC

Thanks for the update. You would only need to set an upstream proxy in Burp if you normally set a proxy server in your browser when you browse to the same sites when you are not using Burp. We have received your email with the screenshots and will be in touch soon.

Luke | Last updated: May 08, 2024 06:15PM UTC

Was there any progress on this post? I am experiencing a similar issue.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 09, 2024 07:47AM UTC

Hi The original user on this thread also had a VPN, so they were going to check if that was affecting their access. Does your normal browser need to use an upstream proxy to access sites on your machine? Do you have any VPN software enabled when using Burp?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.