Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

I cannot route traffic from mobile devices to Burp

Tim | Last updated: Sep 04, 2022 12:49AM UTC

Hello! I am using iOS 15.6.1 and using the knowlege base article, I cannot route traffic into burp. I also cannot reach the http://burp or burpsuite or 127.0.0.1:8080 I checked the wifi settings on my phone and when I enable the proxy on my iOS device, it says no internet connection. Did Apple change something? Wondering if there is maybe some updated documentation

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 05, 2022 11:20AM UTC

Hi Tim, To confirm, both the iOS device and the machine on which Burp is installed are on the same wifi network? if so, are you aware of anything that might be blocking the connection between the mobile device and machine (like a firewall)? It is not quite an equivalent test but are you able to successfully ping the IP of the mobile device from the Burp machine (and vice versa)?

Tim | Last updated: Sep 05, 2022 01:29PM UTC

Hey Ben! Thanks for answering. I did ping the phone's IP while proxied to the machine. Packets sent 4 Packets rec'd 4. So no issues there. They are both on my home network and the ping just confirmed. So the connection is established, I just get the message on my phones wifi connection No Internet Connection. Is there something on Burp I need to adjust to let that pass through? TLS Settings are all checked. I disabled 1.3 and went down the line to check those and no change.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 06, 2022 10:44AM UTC

Hi Tim, Are you able to provide us with some screenshots of the settings that you have setup in the Proxy -> Options -> Proxy Listeners section of Burp and also the proxy settings that you have configured on the device itself, just so we can see exactly what you have configured (just to rule out anything simple). If it is easier to provide screenshots via email then please feel free to send us an email to support@portswigger.net. In addition to the above, and just to clarify, were you also able to successfully ping the IP of the Burp machine from the mobile device or have you not tried this?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.