Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

I cannot install Hackvertor

Axelia | Last updated: Dec 12, 2023 06:40AM UTC

I am doing this lab SQL injection with filter bypass via XML encoding. You recommend to install Hackvertor. I cannot install Hackvertor. It says installing and it stays in grey. Please help. Are there another alternatives?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 12, 2023 01:47PM UTC

Hi If you go to "Extensions > Installed", do you see Hackvertor present in the installed extensions table? If you go to the "Error" tab for that extension, is there any output?

Axelia | Last updated: Dec 12, 2023 07:00PM UTC

Hackvertor is not present in the installed extension table. I do not see any error tab for the extension.. I am not sure where is the error tab. It just says installing and stays in grey. Nothing happens. Please help Is there a way I can send you pictures?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 13, 2023 10:00AM UTC

Hi You can include screenshots as part of an email to support@portswigger.net if you would like. If you click "Refresh list" in the BApp Store, do you receive any error messages down in the bottom right of the screen? Could you try performing a manual BApp install? You can do this by downloading a BApp from our online BApp Store then going to "Extensions > BApp Store > Manual install". You can find the download for Hackvertor here: https://portswigger.net/bappstore/65033cbd2c344fbabe57ac060b5dd100

Axelia | Last updated: Dec 14, 2023 09:36AM UTC

The manual install worked! Thanks

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 14, 2023 11:36AM UTC

I'm glad to hear it! If you're having issues downloading extensions, then it may be that your network to connection to "portswigger.net" or "portswigger-cdn.net" is blocked from your installation. If there's anything else we can help with, then please let us know.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.