Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

I can't open any portswigger lab using burp suite browser

Santz | Last updated: Apr 25, 2023 08:48AM UTC

Whenever I try accessing any lab using burp suite built-in broswer it loads for a while and, then, says: "Can't access the website". What might be the problem? What should I do?

Santz | Last updated: Apr 25, 2023 08:48AM UTC

?

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 26, 2023 06:30AM UTC

Hi, Can we just check a couple of things: - Is this only happening when you attempt to access a lab i.e. you can successfully browse to other sites without issue? - Are we able to get a screenshot of the exact error that you see in the browser when this happens? - Are we able to get a screenshot of the 'Event log' section on the Dashboard tab of Burp when you see this behaviour? - Are we able to get your diagnostic information (via the Help -> Diagnostics menu item from within Burp)? If it is easier to provide this information via email (where you will be able to attach screenshots directly) then please feel free to send us an email to support@portswigger.net.

Nabi | Last updated: Apr 27, 2023 10:21PM UTC

Hi, i was having the same problem and i had to investigate what the problem might be. So,after looking at the dashboard in Burpsuite,after not being able to open a lab,it said that "the client failed to make a TLS connection". I started surfing You Tube if i could find a possible solution for this problem and it had to do with your certificates.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRyktMkPOKU After watching this i understood that i needed to add a valid certificate and import it and place it in the list of secure certificates so that the browser will let me open the lab and voila....after doing all these steps i was able to open a lab(after 2 hours) I hope this helps,i am not sure after closing the lab that i will need to repeat these steps again. Maybe Burpsuite will get a patch to fix this problem.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Apr 28, 2023 07:47AM UTC

Hi Thanks for the update. Have you found that this fix works reliably for you after restarting Burp? What OS do you have Burp Suite installed on?

Rukiye | Last updated: Dec 21, 2023 10:39PM UTC

I still have this problem, the lab page does not load when proxy is on.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 22, 2023 08:27AM UTC

Hi Can you tell us more about your setup, please? - Which lab are you trying to load? - Are you using Burp's embedded browser when you try to load the lab? - Do you see any messages in the Event log on Burp's Dashboard or in the browser when the lab does not load?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.