Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

I can't install Highlighter and Extractor extension

Agustin | Last updated: Nov 07, 2023 10:10PM UTC

Hi! I have a problem with the "Highlighter and Extractor" extension, it happens that when I want to install it from the BApp Store or manually, it gives me the following error: java.lang.Exception: Extension class is not a recognized type at burp.Zcku.Zn(Unknown Source) at burp.Zcku.Zs(Unknown Source) at burp.Zrmo.ZZ(Unknown Source) at burp.Zmbt.Za(Unknown Source) at burp.Zlvo.lambda$panelLoaded$0(Unknown Source) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:577) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:317) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1144) at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:642) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1589) I tried everything to solve it, reinstalled burpsuite, deleted all the cache files, checked my version of java, and it still gives the same error. It only happens to me with this extension. Any ideas?

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 08, 2023 07:43AM UTC

Hi Agustin Are you able to download other Java extensions on the BApp Store? What version of Java are you currently using?

Agustin | Last updated: Nov 08, 2023 02:11PM UTC

Hi Dominyque, "Are you able to download other Java extensions on the BApp Store?" Yes, I can download any other extension, including those that use Java, without problem. "What version of Java are you currently using?" Java 21, but I was using 11.0.5 and it didn't work either java -version openjdk version "21" 2023-09-19 OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 21+35-2513) OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 21+35-2513, mixed mode, sharing)

Agustin | Last updated: Nov 08, 2023 02:16PM UTC

I would like to expand in detail: Already uninstall BurpSuite, delete the files inside /Users/{username}/.burpsuite /Library/Preferences/ /Applications/PortSwigger Burp Suite Professional.app And other Burp related files, then restart the computer and reinstall. However, the error is still present. What I notice is that the Burpsuite professional license is still installed. Is there any other place where information about this extension could be saved, which is not allowing it to run correctly? How do I uninstall burpsuite completely?

Agustin | Last updated: Nov 08, 2023 02:16PM UTC

I'm distraught, I really need this extension for my work, and I have no way to make it work.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 08, 2023 02:23PM UTC

Hi Agustin Did you try using the 'Clean burp from computer' option in the Help menu to ensure that all files were deleted before reinstalling?

Agustin | Last updated: Nov 08, 2023 02:41PM UTC

Yes, use that option too. But don't select the one to delete the license, should I try deleting everything?

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 08, 2023 02:47PM UTC

Hi Agustin Can you please email support@portswigger.net with the following: 1) Could you send me your diagnostics information? You can find this by going to "Help > Diagnostics" within Burp. 2) A screenshot of the Extensions> Installed window

Agustin | Last updated: Nov 08, 2023 02:51PM UTC

Of course, thank you very much Dominyque for your help!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.