Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

HTTP Request Smuggling Extension Can't Be Used After Last Update

Ignacio | Last updated: Dec 26, 2022 03:56PM UTC

Hello, Before attempting the BSCP exam, I updated Burp on my MacBook, and I found out that I could not use the 'HTTP Request Smuggling' extension. This occurred because, after opening the extension, the UI took almost the entire screen. I could see the extension's UI but could not see the button at the end to launch the scan; the window was too big for my MacBook's screen (15 inches). I tried a couple of workarounds, like resizing the window, moving it around, or pressing the shift key until the button was selected, but I still couldn't get to this button to trigger the HTTP Request Smuggling scan. It's been a while since I used Burp on my Mac, but as far as I can remember, this didn't occur in previous versions, as it was possible to resize the window like any other standard window. Unfortunately, this extension's window can't be resized in my setup. This is the Java version I've been using: java version "1.8.0_161" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_161-b12) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.161-b12, mixed mode) Thanks for your time, Ignacio.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 27, 2022 03:11PM UTC

Thanks for your message, Ignacio. I spoke to James, and he currently doesn't have time to fix this extension. It is open to community input. He said to try using ctrl+Enter as a workaround. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Ignacio | Last updated: Dec 27, 2022 04:21PM UTC

Thanks, that worked out.

Ksenia | Last updated: May 23, 2023 08:12AM UTC

Hello, this issue isn't resolved yet. I use laptop with Windows 10 aboard and ctrl+enter didn't solve it. Do I need a bigger monitor to try BSCP then or there is another option? How can I configure Repeater to do smuggling manually? It does not allow me to change connection type from HTTP/2 to HTTP/1.1.

Liam, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: May 24, 2023 07:00AM UTC

Hi Ksenia, what size monitor are you using?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.