Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

HTTP request being blocked due to large size of a parameter

kevinjohn0917 | Last updated: Oct 12, 2021 04:57AM UTC

Hello, I encountered a problem while doing security testing. The problem occurred when an endpoint containing a large encrypted parameter is being called by the web application, suddenly the request will not move forward causing an error to occur. This problem doesn't show when Burpsuite is turned off.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 12, 2021 08:43AM UTC

Hi When you experience this issue, do you have intercept turned on? If you turn Intercept off, do you still receive the same error? When this occurs, what happens to Burp? Does it freeze, and require a restart, or does it take a while to respond and then continue normally?

kevinjohn0917 | Last updated: Oct 18, 2021 12:48AM UTC

Even if the interceptor is off, the problem still occurs. I also tried using repeater, I observed that once I send the request it will usually take some time, then it ends up not returning any response.

kevinjohn0917 | Last updated: Oct 18, 2021 12:48AM UTC

Even if the interceptor is off, the problem still occurs. I also tried using repeater, I observed that once I send the request it will usually take some time, then it ends up not returning any response.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 18, 2021 09:19AM UTC

Hi Could you drop us an email at support@portswigger.net with some screenshots of what's going on? Could you also send some screenshots of your "Project options > HTTP" tab?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.