Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

HTTP History doesn't sort requests correctly

Peter | Last updated: Jun 08, 2016 01:29AM UTC

Hi, I'm using Burp Suite Professional v1.7.03. When using a session with more than 1000 requests in the HTTP history window and sorting on the order (#, first column), the order is wrong: Request 1200 is ordered lower than 2. When not filtering any requests, my sort order looks like (from top to bottom) e.g. 437,429,411,352,409,406 And, if I click on the order increment/decrement (change the arrow), nothing happens. I'd be grateful for a fix, as this makes it really difficult to keep track of sessions. Cheers, Peter

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 09, 2016 08:01AM UTC

Thanks for this report. We haven't observed this issue ourselves. It's possible that Burp is hitting some error when attempting to perform the sort of this particular data, which causes the sorting to abort with some items out of sequence. If you see the problem again, please can you email us your debug ID (at User options / misc / performance feedback) and we'll see if we have any errors logged for your instance of Burp. Thanks.

Burp User | Last updated: Jun 14, 2016 07:20AM UTC

OK, will do. Thanks for the reply. Closing the project and re-opening it makes the error also 'go away'. Peter

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.