Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

How to View Response in Repeater?

Adriane | Last updated: Jul 11, 2024 09:55PM UTC

I took a short course on using Burp and wanted to play around with it some more a few days later. However, I noticed that when I capture an HTTP response and try to send it to Repeater, I can only see the request there. I checked the request to turn response interception on, but I'm not sure what else I might be doing wrong. If it makes any difference, I'm on a Windows 11 pc and I'm using the built-in Burp browser. If someone could please help me understand what I'm doing wrong I would really appreciate it!

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jul 12, 2024 09:49AM UTC

Hi Adriane, The Burp Repeater tool allows you to manually configure and send individual HTTP requests. When you send a request to Repeater you are simply sending the base request itself - if you want to view the response to this request in Repeater you would then need to issue the request in Repeater so that it hits the destination web server and elicits a response. If you want to view the original request/response pair (if you have been browsing a site and capturing traffic via the Proxy, for example) then you can do this in the Proxy -> HTTP history section of Burp. Are you able to provide us with more details around what you are trying to achieve so that we can look to guide you better?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.