Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

How to use burpsuite with IE automatic configuration script option

Gamble | Last updated: Mar 24, 2015 06:41AM UTC

Hi, I could not able to configure burp suite with browsers. If I use manual connection settings in browsers,I could not load any site.Because my company need to use : Internet Explorer -> Option -> Connection -> LAN settings -> Automatic configuration -> Use automatic configuration script Address = http://autocache.pjk.com/ to browse the intranet and Internet. Following methods I have tried but fails: I have set manual proxy as "127.0.0.1:8080" but my browser could not load any site after that proxy change. Do you have any idea how can I configure the burpsuite with browsers ? Thanks

PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Mar 24, 2015 09:08AM UTC

To use Burp you'll need to disable the browser's "use automatic configuration script" option and use the manual proxy settings 127.0.0.1:8080. If you then see requests appearing in the Burp Proxy intercept tab and history, then your browser configuration is working. You'll need to press "forward" to send each request on to the target, or disable interception in Burp. If you still cannot browse, and see Burp errors about connection failures etc. then you probably need to configure Burp to use your normal proxy server as its upstream proxy (at Options / Connections / Upstream proxy servers). Since Burp doesn't support auto configuration scripts, you might need to read the script yourself and identify the host/port of your normal upstream proxy. If you don't see any requests appearing in Burp, then either your browser is not properly configured or the Burp proxy listener is not listening. You might need to modify the default port number. More help is here: https://support.portswigger.net/customer/portal/articles/1783055-configuring-your-browser-to-work-with-burp You could also try installing a different browser if you can't get things working with IE. Firefox is a good option as it has its own proxy configuration options.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.