Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

how to send api request to burp to do repeater or intruder request once via api

dan | Last updated: Aug 30, 2023 09:47AM UTC

Hello sorry for the bother, i have wrote extension to send api request to burp to scan url but can't figure out how to send it to repeater or intruder instead as the scan keeps the task on going and i need it to run only once as a get or post request 1 time and finish

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 30, 2023 10:45AM UTC

Hi Can you tell us more about your use case and your extension? Is you extension performing a scan check? If you are using Burp's REST API to start a scan, this has limited functionality. It can be used to start scans but not to send requests to Repeater or Intruder.

dan | Last updated: Aug 30, 2023 10:53AM UTC

Hello Michelle i can send you temp link here for the code as i don't want to share the full code )) i'm trying to start scan and wait 10 second then stop it , this is the Goal. the problem is that the python script starts the scan via rest api but doesn't seem to stop it after 10 second or even 1 min it keeps the scan task running , the code seems correct but can't figure out the problem hot to stop the scan after via api . here is the link for the code : https://pastecode.io/s/t7f8wqic pass: kwrqjx15qt5986p7kw7u649jz$$ link will expire after 6h

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Aug 30, 2023 12:10PM UTC

Hi The Burp REST API has limited functionality. It can be used to start a scan but you cannot use it to pause or stop a scan.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.