Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

How to scan a Single page application using Burp pro

Bhanu | Last updated: Jun 02, 2021 05:56PM UTC

Hi Team, How can I affectively scan a Single page application using burp pro and make sure that i have not missed any parameter or objects within the application. Looking forward for a best solution. Regards, Bhanu M

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jun 03, 2021 12:00PM UTC

Hi Bhanu, Currently, Burp does not handle single page applications very well. This is, however, a large focus for the scanner development team and they are currently busy making improvements to this so that the scanning capabilities for single page applications are improved. If Burp does not currently scan your single page application very well then the recommendation would be to wait for future releases in the coming months that should hopefully gradually improve the situation throughout 2021. We will update this forum thread when we believe the capabilities have been improved.

Kevin | Last updated: Oct 18, 2021 01:46PM UTC

Hi Team, We're eager to get this feature operating on Single Page Applications properly as well. We're willing to beta test any future releases coming up. Please keep us updated.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Oct 19, 2021 11:10AM UTC

Hi Kevin, We have been gradually improving the capabilities of Burp with regards to scanning SPAs so, to confirm, you have used the latest 'early adopter' release (version 2021.9) and the Burp Scanner is still not providing the coverage that you are expecting?

Kevin | Last updated: Dec 06, 2021 03:00PM UTC

Apologies for the delay in response. Yes, I'm working on the early adopter's release. I attempted a scan about two weeks ago and the scan was coming back with errors.

Ben, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Dec 07, 2021 10:04AM UTC

Hi Kevin, Are you able to send us an email at support@portswigger.net and include some screenshots of what errors you are seeing in Burp when you attempt the scan?

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.