Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

How to make requests from custom scan checks appear in the Logger tab of the task

Spike | Last updated: Nov 08, 2021 11:58AM UTC

Hello, After performing an active scan, I usually go into Dashboard >> "View Details" of the task >> Logger tab to see the requests that were done and how the server responded to them. However I noticed that requests resulting from custom checks added by burp extensions like ActiveScan++ are not displayed in this tab. ActiveScan++ requests are done by using callbacks.makeHttpRequest(). Requests done like this appear in the general Logger tab of burp, but not in the Logger tab associated with the task in the Dashboard. So would there be something to do to make them appear in this tab ? I'm currently adding custom checks to burp scans like ActiveScan++ does, and it would be very convenient to have them appear in this tab, since it allows to see only requests that were performed by the scan rather than going to the general Logger tab and see them mixed with requests from other tools. Thanks !

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 09, 2021 02:02PM UTC

Hi Thanks for reporting this! We've raised this as a bug with the Logger tool - we'll be looking into getting this resolved.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.