Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

How many machines can use 1 Burp Pro license?

Alan | Last updated: Sep 07, 2021 02:31PM UTC

I have multiple machines (6) and was wondering if one burp license would be enough to cover all these? I cant seem to find the documentation which outlines exactly how many machines can avail of one license? anything I did find is just ambigious.

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 07, 2021 02:57PM UTC

Thanks for your message. Would all six machines/Burp installations be used by the same person? Or would they be used by multiple people?

Alan | Last updated: Sep 08, 2021 09:27AM UTC

Same person Michelle, just different user's on different machines

Michelle, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 08, 2021 09:43AM UTC

Burp Suite Professional is licensed per-user, so if it's the same person using the software then you can install it on all 6 machines. We do monitor the license activations so if you reach any activation limits and have not broken the licensing agreement (as in there's only you using the software) we would be happy to provide additional activations. I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any questions.

Rajinikanth | Last updated: Nov 24, 2023 12:08PM UTC

Hi team, I have a issue in burp license i have activate the license in a machine, i dont know, something was happened the application was asked reactivation. will this reduce of machine count as i activated the licnese couple of times in the same machine.

Dominyque, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Nov 24, 2023 01:45PM UTC

Hi Rajinikanth Thank you for your question. Yes. this will reduce the number of available activations you have. However, I have added a few more for you just in case they are needed!

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.