Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

How lookup for specific list of parameter in search functionality in burpsuit.

Ritesh | Last updated: Sep 23, 2022 02:22PM UTC

Hi Team, I did find is this feature available or not? If suppose, I have list of parameters if I want to use that list in order to look for parameter or existence in burp history. is that possible? I will just load all parameter in burpsuit and it will captured and detect automatically all parameter that I have added in to the list. Thank you

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 26, 2022 08:51AM UTC

Hi Have you had a look at the "Burp > Search" functionality available in Burp Suite Professional? Documentation on this can be found here: https://portswigger.net/burp/documentation/desktop/functions/search

Ritesh | Last updated: Sep 27, 2022 10:05AM UTC

Hi Hannah, Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am using Burp Suite Professional. I am looking for search filter for multiple parameter together. For Example, I have list of parameters in one file such as parameters.txt and I want to search in burp history to look up for all those parameter that mentioned in list. Awaiting for your valuable reply. Thank you

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 28, 2022 12:11PM UTC

Hi Unfortunately, we don't currently offer that feature. Could you describe a bit more about how/why you want to use this feature? We can suggest some alternatives or raise a feature request for this functionality.

Ritesh | Last updated: Sep 28, 2022 04:41PM UTC

Hi Team, Sure, let me tell you. Suppose, I have a list of parameter for openredirect.txt (redirect=,go=,url=). I will pass all traffic of application through burpsuit. All apis, parameters and functionality captured in burpsuit. Now, I will go to search functionality and select my openredirect.txt to show me all my traffic which has parameter that mentioned in openredirect.txt In this way, I easily I identified where should I look for and do my further exploit instead of just search single parameter all time. I hope you understand, what I am looking for. Thank you

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Sep 30, 2022 09:47AM UTC

Hi Have you had a look for any extensions that might have this sort of functionality? For example, Paramalyzer sounds like it might fit your use case.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.