Burp Suite User Forum

Create new post

How do redirect in Extender ActiveScan?

Papasan | Last updated: Jan 23, 2020 02:38PM UTC

Which API can be used to check the redirect destination in Extender's Activescan?

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 23, 2020 02:40PM UTC

Could you provide some more information about the functionality you are trying to provide?

Burp User | Last updated: Jan 23, 2020 02:47PM UTC

from Custom scan insertion points >>Python from CustomScannerChecks.py checkRequestResponse = self._callbacks.makeHttpRequest(baseRequestResponse.getHttpService(), checkRequest) when run scanner , no redirect

Burp User | Last updated: Jan 23, 2020 11:07PM UTC

For example, when you want to inspect cross-site-scripting with Extender's ActiveScan. Judge by whether characters are included in the response, but if you are redirected, you want to analyze the redirect destination.

Burp User | Last updated: Jan 23, 2020 11:12PM UTC

sorry for post again. For example, when you want to inspect cross-site-scripting with Extender's ActiveScan. Judge by whether characters are included in the response, but if server response is redirected like 302 moved, i want to follow redirections and analyze the redirect destination.

Hannah, PortSwigger Agent | Last updated: Jan 24, 2020 11:36AM UTC

Can you confirm that you have your Burp installation set up to understand redirects (Project options > HTTP > Redirections)? Can you also confirm whether you have the "Don't send items to proxy history or live tasks if out of scope" option checked or unchecked (Proxy > Options > Miscellaneous), as well as the "Drop all out-of-scope requests" option (Project options > Connections > Out-of-scope requests)?

Burp User | Last updated: Jan 26, 2020 09:27AM UTC

https://github.com/PortSwigger/example-scanner-checks/tree/master/python I read python on the link above as it was, and executed Scan for the communication where 302 moved occurred. When I checked the communication with logger ++, the redirect destination communication occurred in Scanner, but the redirect destination communication did not occur in Extender. I may have made the wrong settings. Or, if it's not in the settings, which BurpAPI in Extender can cause 302 redirected communication? These are the questions when running activescan on Extender.

You must be an existing, logged-in customer to reply to a thread. Please email us for additional support.